The year 2017 came to an end and I’m five days late in writing down the “year review”. 2017, has been a year of achievements and also a lot of disappointments. There have been days that were the best and then days where I’ve fought with the urge to kill myself. I’ve also parted way with a lot of friends but i’ll count that as a blessing. Some old faces tried reaching out as well but there is a reason why our relationship severed.
The highlight was, I’ve decided to adopt the minimalist lifestyle with a hint of spiritualism. The reckless abandonment is walking towards Godly solace (improvement). I’ve wrote little in the year because I have nothing to write about. When I do write, I make sure that it is true to my emotions. A major part of my life ended and time made sure to test my relationships. I feel like I’ve changed a lot in the way I look at life.
Things to remember
- Don’t bitch about people. The urge is tempting but we both know karma whoops ass.
- Don’t rely too much on a person and expect like they will do everything right. There is chance that they will fuck stuff up and you will be disappointed.
- The less you have, the better it will be. Material possessions fade away so chase less paper.
- You don’t have to have everything figured out.
- Persistence is the key to success. Kid, you’ve finally gotten rid of the pink pill.
- “Chaand man” is real and funny. The person might make mistakes but lower your expectations. Don’t doubt the love, it is real.
- Again, stop using people as an escape.
- The art of letting go involves gradual disengagement. Let your heart get over them with time, do not force your brain on your heart.
- There will be no Daedalus to your Icarus desires. Just because you do not have someone to help you does not mean that you should not help others. Never be bitter.
- Leave everything to Allah. It works and you know. If you try controlling everything in your life then chances are that it will not go as planned.
- Life is most binary in reality and then dynamic in your head.
I’m hoping that the year 2018 brings in relief. I also hope that I stick to what I have adopted as a lifestyle. Ride out the sadness when it hits.